Home > Facilities & Centers > Cushing Hall

Cushing Hall

Cushing HallCushing Hall of Engineering was constructed in 1932 to provide more space for the growing engineering program at Notre Dame. Today, it houses laboratories, classrooms, faculty offices and graduate student offices. The building was named after John F. Cushing, its principal benefactor, who donated $300,000 toward the construction of a new hall of engineering; the old one had been badly damaged during a 1928 fire.