Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

Personal tools

Home > Resources > Non-faculty Appointment Paperwork

Non-faculty Appointment Paperwork

All mentors will need to complete the Appointment Request form in order to start new non-faculty appointment process. Please email completed Appointment Request Form to Nancy O'Connor or Emily Hershberger and ask new incoming appointee to complete Immigration Request Form and email to Nancy O'Connor or Emily Hershberger.

Please see process below:

For Mentor:

  1. Please complete Appointment Request Form for all new non-faculty appointments. 
  2. Please send Immigration Request Form to all incoming non-faculty.
  3. Please complete Re-appointment Request Form for all appointment renewals.

New Non-faculty Appointment Procedure:  

  1. Complete Immigration Request Form. 
  2. Copy of current CV or resume in English.
  3. For international appointments, a copy of appointee's and any accompanying family members' ID photo page in passport.
  4. Proof of Degree (not required for Senior Research Associate, Visiting Scholar or Research Visitor).
  5. If an Intent to Hire letter has been signed it must accompany the Request for Appointment.

New J-1 Visa’s: 

Based on General Counsel’s review of completed Immigration Request Form, Nancy O’Connor or Emily Hershberger will inform if a J1 visa is appropriate. 

  1. Please complete the J-1 Information Form. 
  2. If the new J1 scholar appointment is for a duration of 6 months or less, the following additional form is required: Short-Term Scholar Form. 
  3. Proof of Funding if ND is not paying the appointee (The minimum funding requirements are located on page 3 of the J-1 Information Form.)

 Non-faculty Re-appointment Procedure:  

  1. Completed J-1_Extension_Request_Form (for J1 reappointments) 
  2. Proof of funding if ND is not paying the scholar (the minimum funding requirements are located on page 2 of the J-1 Extension Request Form.)